CHEWY PUMPKIN SEED CHIKKI RECIPE
- 100 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup jaggery, powdered
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) powder
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- To begin making this Pumpkin Seed Chikki recipe, firstly grate the coconut.
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadhai and melt the jaggery and cardamom powder. Add the grated coconut and stir continuously till the whole mixture turns sticky for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seed to mix it well. Brush the two steel moulds with oil.
- Divide the mixture to fill the the moulds and keep refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- Serve it cold or slightly warm it before eating. Keep Chewy Pumpkin Seed Chikki in a box to eat whenever you are hungry or you can also serve it with a cup of Filter Coffee for your tea time break.
SPICY PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 cup of shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp coarse salt
- Toss 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds with 2 tsp olive oil, V2 tsp chili powder, and 1/4 tsp coarse salt.
- Toast at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally until crisp.
Add the powdered sugar, zest, juice, and salt to a :i medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
Drizzle immediately over pancakes.
Store glaze in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Stir well before each use.
CHIA SEED LEMON PANCAKES WITH CITURS GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, optional)
- 6 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice (or orange juice)
- Pinch of kosher salt
*You can make your own oat flour by finely grinding whole oats (old-fashioned or rolled oats) in a blender or food processor.
- Mix together Chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, including Chia mixture. • Combine the two bowls, folding the batter so that you don’t over mix.
- Heat skillet to medium. Grease with oil or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the powdered sugar, zest, juice, and salt to a :i medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle immediately over pancakes.
- Store glaze in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Stir well before each use.
TOASTED PIPITA BREAKFAST HASH
- 1 large waxy potato, yukon gold, red, blue, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, crimini/white/etc, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, raw or pre- toasted
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of medium/high heat oil (avocado, grape seed, sunflower, canola, etc)
Optional: Skip oil and use a bit of water or broth in a non stick pan instead
- Start by heating 1/2 tbsp of oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion to a pan along with paprika and chili powder, and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low flame until it softens.
- Remove the lid, add garlic, bell pepper and stir fry until onion turns slightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes to the pan and stir.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for around 10 .i minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Transfer to a bowl to keep warm, and wipe out the pan if needed.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil and pumpkin seeds to the pan.
- Cook over low heat until they begin to turn slightly brown stirring often.
- Sprinkle on top of hash and serve with condiments of choice.
- Wrap it in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito or eat as is.
CHIA SEED FLATBREAD
This soft and tasty flatbread features the pleasant crunch (and nutritional punch) of chia seeds.
- 2 cups Chakki Atta Indian Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or whole flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup warm water
*See tips below for Chakki Atta flour substitutions.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, yeast, and seeds.
- Work in the soft butter and water, then mix and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable.
- Form the dough into a ball, place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise for an hour or more, until puffy.
- Turn the dough out onto a greased surface and fold it over several times. Divide the dough into six pieces; each will weigh about 2 3/4 ounces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Cover the balls with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Starting with the first ball you made, roll each ball of dough into a rough 8″ to 9″ circle; circles should be a scant 1/8″ thick.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle on medium heat for a minute or two, and brush the pan with oil just before cooking the first bread.
- Place a dough round in the pan. Cook the first side for 1 to 2 minutes, until it starts to bubble and has some darkish brown spots; flip over and bake the second side until firm.
- Stack the breads as they come off the griddle to keep them warm and soft.
- Yield: 6 flatbreads.
SAFRON KULFI SERVED WITH MANGO AND CHIA SEEDS
- 1 hr of full cream milk
- 1 bread slice (Use brown bread to give the kutfi a nice color. You can also use normal white bread)
- 1 tbsp of cardamom powder
- 1/4th cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- 2 tbsp of pistachio
- Pinch of Saffron
- Cut the sides of the bread to remove the brown part.
- Add the bread, corn flour and 1/2 cup of milk to a blender and blend until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Take the milk in a wok and boil it over a low flame. Stir continuously to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- Add the corn flour-bread mixture to the milk. This will give the milk a thick and smooth consistency. • Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add some sugar, pistachio, cardamom and saffron while the milk is boiling.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Pour the mixture in an air-tight container and place it in a freezer. The kulfi will take around 6-7 hours to set.
ENERGY CHIA SEED DRINK WITH LIME AND HONEY
For Endurance Athletes
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Add the chia seeds, honey, lemon juice and 2 cups of water to a jar and mix well • Cover the mixture and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
- Stir before drinking.
LEMON CURD CHIA PUDDING
- Zest of a large-sized lemon (or 2 small lemons)
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Around 11/2 cups of coconut milk
- V4 cup of water (optional)
- 3 tbsp of raw sugar or an equivalent sweetener • A pinch of salt • ‘A tsp of turmeric (or slightly more)
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds (5 to 6 tbsp for well set pudding)
- Blend the lemon zest, water, coconut milk, sweetener, salt and turmeric until a mixture is formed.
- Add the chia seeds little by little so that the seeds are rightly distributed.
- Taste the mixture to adjust the sweetness and tanginess as desired.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and refrigerate it overnight. Stir once after an hour to evenly distribute the chia seeds if needed.
- Garnish with whipped coconut cream and lemon zest, and finally serve with love.
MANGO CHIA SEED SMOOTHIE
Preparation Time — Approximately 10 minutes
Servings — 2 smoothies (around 4 cups)
- 2-tbs of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 2 cups of frozen mango chunks
- Add chia seeds and 1/2 cup of almond milk to a bowl. Whisk it until the seeds are thoroughly mixed in the milk. Cover the mixture and leave it to set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and the rest of the milk to a blender. Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Now, add mangoes and blend it once again.
- Take the chia see mixture out of the refrigerator. See to it that the mixture is thickened to a gel-like consistency. Whisk it one more time.
- Add the mixture to the blender and blend it until it is smooth.
- Your smoothie is now ready. Pour it in a cup and enjoy!