- 1 large waxy potato, yukon gold, red, blue, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, crimini/white/etc, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, raw or pre- toasted
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of medium/high heat oil (avocado, grape seed, sunflower, canola, etc)
Optional: Skip oil and use a bit of water or broth in a non stick pan instead
- Start by heating 1/2 tbsp of oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion to a pan along with paprika and chili powder, and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low flame until it softens.
- Remove the lid, add garlic, bell pepper and stir fry until onion turns slightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes to the pan and stir.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for around 10 .i minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are soft. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Transfer to a bowl to keep warm, and wipe out the pan if needed.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil and pumpkin seeds to the pan.
- Cook over low heat until they begin to turn slightly brown stirring often.
- Sprinkle on top of hash and serve with condiments of choice.
- Wrap it in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito or eat as is.