- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, optional)
- 6 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice (or orange juice)
- Pinch of kosher salt
*You can make your own oat flour by finely grinding whole oats (old-fashioned or rolled oats) in a blender or food processor.
- Mix together Chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, including Chia mixture. • Combine the two bowls, folding the batter so that you don’t over mix.
- Heat skillet to medium. Grease with oil or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the powdered sugar, zest, juice, and salt to a :i medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle immediately over pancakes.
- Store glaze in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Stir well before each use.